White Water Tubing Experience At Pangi River in Maitum, Sarangani

by - March 05, 2011

Day 1 of Soccsksargen Experience Tour Part Deux (SEX Tour II)


When it comes to whitewater river rafting, Cagayan de Oro is favorite. However, if you wish to enjoy a new whitewater tubing, Pangi River in Maitum is a good alternative. As a traveler, we typically crave for something extraordinary. So I assure you that this activity actually deserved a try.



Who would not want to experience water tubing in the midst of beautiful scenery anyway? Including this activity to our iterinary by our organizer Avel Manansala really added more excitement for the SEX tour. After we ate our breakfast in Cresings, we headed to Pangi River together with Tourism boys Arnelito Ramirez (Tourism Operations Assistant) 0918-6133022; Arlex Narte (Tourism Operations Assistant) 0919-3738007.



The day seemed to be perfectly sunny, plus seeing the rushing rapids perked me up for this new experience. Some of the bloggers teased us (first timers) that if we broke our bones, we had a doctor and nurse with us. And if ever we smashed our tooth, we had a dentist. So no worries, as I only feel the excitement nonetheless.



After a short briefing, all of us seemed ready to take on this splashing adventure. I don't know how many rapids, but it took around 30- 45 minutes padding through the long stretch (1.6 kilometer) of Pangi River.

My guide assured me that I would not fall off from the improvised floater/tube. But I want to let go of it, so I can get the most out of this experience. I want to jump off to the water, but I'm too tiny that my guide can carry me. Alright! Falling off into the water is not my option, but I know that could be exciting. See the photos below:


Aside from white water tubing, there are other places to enjoy in Maitum. Among its tourist spots are Bat Sanctuary, which is a home of thousands endangered bats; Pawikan Sanctuary with Hawksbill, Green, Olive Ridley and LoggerHead turtles; and the Twin Falls in barangay Bati-an You can also go diving or trek across the forest to explore caves and other exotic flora and fauna in the area.

If you want to take thechallenge of a 1.6km tube-ride, Pangi River is located in Brgy. New La Union, Maitum Sarangani Province. A few hours away from General Santos City. You can enjoy a 30 min white water tubing for just P130.00 only.

Thanks to DabawPinoy and jaypee for the photos.





You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. I always want to try this but I'm just to scared because it looks like its not safe. That is why, most of my experience is water rafting because I can assure that it is safer especially when you're with friends and you have same goal, "To stay the boat alive". Thanks for sharing your experience.

    CAGAYAN DE ORO RAFTING

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, water rafting in Cagayan is the best because it is safe and very affordable. Thanks for sharing this link Kriza Cagayan de Oro Rafting it is very informative not only about in water rafting but also all the information about CDO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ganda , thanks for sharing , may araw din to sakin

    ReplyDelete

What are you favorite Mindanao destinations? Feel free to share your thoughts on the comment box below. I really loved to hear them.